The full application is comprised of the following parts:
1. Applicant Information, Questionnaire & Submission
- To be completed by the candidate
- Must be submitted in written, audio or video format through the online application form.
- Must answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the LA County Arts Ed Collective’s Youth Advisory Council?
- What skills and experiences will you bring to the Youth Advisory Council?
- How have the arts made an impact in your life?
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership among your peers or in your community.
- Describe your interest or experience in working to make a positive difference in the quality of life in your community.
- All applicants must fill out the online application form.
Applications must also include a nomination or recommendation from a teacher, mentor, or supervisor who can speak to the applicant’s skills, strengths, and why they are an excellent candidate for this opportunity.
Please read Tips and Details prior to submission.
Tips for Applicants & Organizations
Youth Application Tips
Youth may be nominated or nominate themselves, but must include a recommendation from a teacher, mentor or supervisor who can speak to their skills, strengths, and why they are an excellent candidate for this opportunity.
- TIP: Share this link with the individual from whom you would like a recommendation.
To apply, you have a choice to complete an application in writing or to record an audio or video response to the application questions. Audio/video submissions should be between 5-10 minutes in length total.
- TIP: Choose the application method that best suits your communication style.
- TIP: For audio/video applications, candidates may have a peer or mentor interview. A camera phone is adequate for audio or video recordings.
- TIP: Play the audio or video file for a friend or family member before submission to check for understanding and visual/sound clarity.
Tips For Organizations Nominating/Recommending Youth
Representatives from community-based organizations, arts institutions, school districts and institutes of higher education are invited to nominate youth to serve on the Youth Advisory Council and to play a supporting role throughout the project period.
- TIP: If you would like to recommend/nominate a candidate, review the Youth Advisory Council Program Guidelines with the candidate and confirm that they understand their role and the application process, prior to submitting the YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL RECOMMENDATION FORM
- TIP: Community partners who nominate youth may support them in creating a written, audio, or video application by interviewing candidates