The full application is comprised of the following parts:
1. Applicant Information, Questionnaire & Submission
- To be completed by the candidate
- Must be submitted in written, audio or video format through the online application form.
- Must answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the LA County Arts Ed Collective’s Youth Advisory Council?
- What skills and experiences will you bring to the Youth Advisory Council?
- How have the arts made an impact in your life?
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership among your peers or in your community.
- Describe your interest or experience in working to make a positive difference in the quality of life in your community.
- All applicants must fill out the online application form.
Applications must also include a nomination or recommendation from a teacher, mentor, or supervisor who can speak to the applicant’s skills, strengths, and why they are an excellent candidate for this opportunity.
Please read Tips and Details prior to submission.
Youth Application Tips
Youth may be nominated or nominate themselves, but must include a recommendation from a teacher, mentor or supervisor who can speak to their skills, strengths, and why they are an excellent candidate for this opportunity.
- TIP: Share this link with the individual from whom you would like a recommendation.
To apply, you have a choice to complete an application in writing or to record an audio or video response to the application questions. Audio/video submissions should be between 5-10 minutes in length total.
- TIP: Choose the application method that best suits your communication style.
- TIP: For audio/video applications, candidates may have a peer or mentor interview. A camera phone is adequate for audio or video recordings.
- TIP: Play the audio or video file for a friend or family member before submission to check for understanding and visual/sound clarity.
Tips For Organizations Nominating/Recommending Youth
Representatives from community-based organizations, arts institutions, school districts and institutes of higher education are invited to nominate youth to serve on the Youth Advisory Council and to play a supporting role throughout the project period.
- TIP: If you would like to recommend/nominate a candidate, review the Youth Advisory Council Program Guidelines with the candidate and confirm that they understand their role and the application process, prior to submitting the YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL RECOMMENDATION FORM
- TIP: Community partners who nominate youth may support them in creating a written, audio, or video application by interviewing candidates