Coordinated by the LA County Arts Commission, The Los Angeles County Arts Ed Collective is pleased to announce the formation of a Youth Advisory Council, which will offer young leaders a voice in shaping a new LA County Regional Plan for Arts Education. The Regional Plan will set forth strategies for advancing arts education across Los Angeles County, both in schools and in communities, with a focus on scale, equity and inclusion.
The Youth Advisory Council will be comprised of up to 15 young leaders, ages 18-24, who are passionate about the arts and have an interest in civic action. Representatives from community-based organizations, arts institutions, school districts and institutes of higher education are invited to nominate youth to serve on the Youth Advisory Council and to play a supporting role throughout the project period. Youth may also nominate themselves, but must include a letter of recommendation that describes why they are a good candidate for this opportunity.
Opportunity for Youth
- Participate in civic engagement
- Develop leadership skills through direct participation in a Countywide regional planning process
- Shape the role of youth in the ongoing leadership of the Arts Ed Collective
- Become a part of a Countywide peer network of creative young leaders interested in arts education policy and advocacy
- Advocate to improve and expand access to arts education and creative careers
- Engage in learning opportunities related to arts education policy and advocacy
- Receive a $2,250 stipend for participation (based on an estimated 132 hours @ $17/ hr)
|Guidelines and Application Available||March 26, 2019|
|Deadline to Apply||April 23, 2019|
|Notification of Selection||May 14, 2019|
|Youth Advisory Council Orientation||May 23, 2019|
|Project Period||May 2019 - December 2019|
|Culmination Event||December 2019|