Promoting School-based Arts Education
Let your school and district know the arts are an essential part of public education!
What you can do:
- Find out which students receive arts instruction, and who is providing it in your local school or district, with the Arts Ed Profile.
- Check whether your school district has a current plan for expanding arts education to more students through the School District Directory.
- Let your district know they can apply for help to create or update their plan with an Arts Ed Collective Strategic Planning Coach.
- Let your district know they can apply for grant funding to help advance their arts plan through the Advancement Grant Program.
- Email or tweet your elected school board representative about arts education with tools from CREATE CA.
- Speak up for arts education at a school board meeting with tips from CREATE CA.
- Uplift the voices of youth leaders with resources from Arts for LA.
- Ensure arts education is included in your school district’s Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP).
- Have questions? Email or call our local arts education advocacy leaders at Arts for LA and Create CA.