The period of the grant is from the date of contract execution through June 30 of the granting year. Please note that the invoicing and reporting deadline is May 15. All funds must be expended prior to the May 15 deadline.
Contract Grant Budget and Target Participation
Advancement Grant awards are less than the original grant request. Prior to receiving a grant contract you will complete an Adjusted Grant Budget and Participation Form through the online grant portal to identify budgetary and participation changes based on the award granted to your district.
Grantees must demonstrate and report matching funds that insure Los Angeles County funds do not exceed fifty percent (50%) of the total cost of the project. Please note that the contract provides that you may forfeit some or your entire grant award if you do not comply with this requirement.
Invoicing and Reporting
Advancement Grant awards shall be paid in three installments. Final payment requests and required reporting documentation are due by May 15.
- You may submit one (1) invoice for a maximum of 25% of the grant award upon completion of all project planning and participation by the project lead in a dedicated Grantee Convening or a countywide network event. This invoice is optional.
- You may submit one (1) invoice for a maximum of 50% of the grant award following the successful completion of a mid-project check-in and site visit with County staff.This invoice is optional.
- You must submit one (1) invoice for all unpaid grant funds on or before May 15. This invoice is mandatory and must be accompanied by a completed Final Report form. Payment pursuant to this invoice is contingent upon submission of the Final report.
Grantees are asked to recognize support from Los Angeles County by placing the LA County Arts Education Collective logo on materials created and disseminated as part of the project funded by the Advancement Grant.
It is your responsibility as a grantee to meet all award requirements. If you fail to comply with requirements, your contract may be suspended or terminated and you may forfeit some or your entire grant award.
Grant activities and expenses must be consistent with those approved for funding. If changes in the contracted project are necessary, you must:
- Contact the Arts Commission's Arts Ed Collective staff and set up a project amendment phone appointment;
- Complete the Project Amendment Form.
- Submit, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the Project Amendment Form with a project amendment letter written on your school district’s letterhead. The project amendment letter shall, at a minimum, include the following information:
- Advancement Grant contract number,
- Specific change(s) requested,
- Justification for each requested change(s),
- Revised project budget, if applicable, or else a statement that, "No revised project budget has been included in this amendment,"
- Contact information, including a phone number, fax number and e-mail address,
- A statement which reads as follows: "The parties agree to amend the terms of the contract as set forth in this amendment. Except as amended herein, all other terms and conditions of this contract shall remain in full force and effect," and
- Signature of two authorizing officials of your school district
No project amendment is effective unless and until grantee receives approval from the Arts Commission in the form of a signed project amendment form. Until such time as grantee receives such written approval, grantee shall only incur costs and shall only carry out its project in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of the original contract.
Knowledgeable members of the arts education community assessed your funding request as part of the review process. To schedule a time to discuss panel feedback with staff, contact Program Associate, Keelia Postlethwaite.