The Los Angeles County Arts Commission (LACAC) seeks a full-time Project Consultant. Reporting to the LA County Arts Education Collective’s Senior Manager, the Project Consultant will be responsible for implementing projects that focus on arts-based strategies to promote social emotional learning and healing informed instruction in K-12 public schools.
The Los Angeles County Arts Education Collective is dedicated to making the arts core in public education. LACAC staff coordinate the regional effort and the Los Angeles County Office of Education provides curriculum and instructional services for educators Countywide
- Manage implementation of projects that engage arts-based strategies to promote social emotional learning and healing informed instruction in K-12 public schools
- Liaison with other County agencies, including the Office of Education, Department of Mental Health, Office of Child Protection, and the Commission on Human Relations, to implement arts education projects
- Support and monitor the development and implementation of teacher professional development, student arts instruction and community workshops focused on arts-based, healing informed practices to promote socio-emotional health and wellbeing
- Provide general project administration, including preparation and tracking of contracts, proposals, reports, invoices, budgets and accounting reports
- Coordinate and facilitate planning meetings with partner school districts, schools, County agencies, site staff and community-based organizations participating in the projects
- Monitor project effectiveness and support evaluation, documentation and reporting of contracted services; make recommendations for refining project design and content
- Contribute arts education content knowledge as part of a team to inform program design and implementation
- Three years of project management experience in arts, education, youth development, social justice or a related field.
- Experience related to the public education and social services systems in Los Angeles County, as well as community based organizations that support these systems. Familiarity with teacher professional development and healing-centered practices.
- Familiarity with cultural equity and inclusion, diversity programs and/or engagement efforts for specific communities
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid time management and the ability to work independently
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Candidate must have a car and valid CA driver’s license with proof of insurance
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field is desirable
How to Apply
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (up to 5 pages each, in PDF format). Resumes should include a list of software proficiencies and note the skill level attained for each application. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with Project Consultant as the subject line. Please do not submit any application materials through the US mail or phone regarding the status of the submission. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met.
$4,700 - $5,200 monthly contract, depending on experience.
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission fosters excellence, diversity, vitality, understanding and accessibility of the arts in Los Angeles County, encompassing 88 municipalities and nearly 140 unincorporated areas, and provides leadership in cultural services. In addition to coordinating the LA County Arts Education Collective, the Arts Commission funds over 360 nonprofit arts organizations through a two-year $9 million grant program, funds the largest arts internship program in the country, and manages the County’s civic art policy.
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workforce.