PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
2.0 PUBLIC RECORDS LAWS AND OTHER LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
As an initial matter, please be advised that we are subject to the public records laws of the State of California ("California Public Records Act") and that much of the information you submit to us is public information under these laws. Consequently, under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose such information in accordance with the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements.
3.0 NO UNNECESSARY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will collect no personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, address, email address, credit/debit card number or other information which can be associated with you without additional information) about you when you visit this Website.
4.0 INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED AUTOMATICALLY
5.0 PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
All information you submit to us through this Website (by email, surveys, or otherwise, as described below), including personally identifiable information, may be subject to the disclosure and access provisions of the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements.
By sending us an email message (e.g., by selecting the ‘Contact Us’ option), you are sending us personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, address, email address, or other information which can be associated with you, etc.). We store this information in order to respond to your request or otherwise address the subject matter of your email.
Also, we may ask you for specific personally identifiable information, such as your name, address and email address, and other pertinent information, through surveys, feedback forms, questionnaires or other means, all with the goal of providing better service. We will only retain the information that you provide in response to the survey, forms, questionnaires, etc.
Please be advised that email messages and these other means generally are not secure and may be subject to the disclosure in accordance with the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements.
6.0 SHARING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties, except that we will provide personally identifiable information: (1) as described in Section 3.0 above; (2) to conduct certain demographic research regarding our patrons using anonymized aggregated data. This information is never stored by other arts and cultural institutions and individuals may opt out of this use by contacting the Arts Ed Collective at (213) 202-5858 or email email@example.com. Due to emailing schedules it may take some time to remove your information from our list. In some circumstances, we may also be required by law to disclose certain personally identifiable information in accordance with the disclosure requirements of the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements or we may disclose such information to law enforcement and/or fraud investigatory agencies.
Your usage is tracked primarily so that we can (a) if necessary, modify the Website according to your usage to make the information you are looking for easier to find in the future, and (b) maintain sufficient hardware, software and personnel to provide you with a high level of service. The cookies and electronic devices passed to you are seamless, they do not reveal your personal identity and will not follow you as you surf on to other websites.
8.0 WEBSITE LINKS TO OTHER SITES NOT COVERED BY PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
This Policy describes the information we gather through our Website and how we use such information. Our Website may contain links to documents located on websites maintained by other County departments, public agencies or private organizations. Once you link to another website, you are no longer subject to this Policy, but rather are subject to the privacy and security policy of the website to which you linked. You use that website and anything contained on that website at your own risk.
9.0 CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
For information on reviewing and/or making changes to information about you that may be in our records, please feel free to contact us with your updated information by the means set forth at the end of this Policy.
10.0 CONTACT INFORMATION
Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, or your interaction with our Website, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to 1055 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 800, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (Attention: Communications).
12.0 CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
We may add to, delete, or change the terms of this Policy from time to time. This document will be updated to reflect new changes. By using our Website after any change, you consent to this Policy, as it is changed from time to time.
3. Unless otherwise noted, this Website, including without limitation, all text, programs, products, processes, technology, information, content and other materials, together with all copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property therein (collectively, "Content"), and the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) are owned by us, or by third parties who have licensed such Content to us. Such Content is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws. We, on behalf of ourselves and licensors, expressly reserve all rights, including without limitation, intellectual property rights, in this Website and all Content from time to time available on this Website. Access to this Website does not confer, and shall not be considered as conferring, upon you or any other user of the Website any license to other rights to the Website or the Content or the compilation of Content.
5. We provide the Website to you on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not make any representations or warranties that (a) the information or other materials available on our Website will be error-free, (b) defects in our Website will be corrected, (c) our Website or its servers are free of viruses or other harmful components and/or (d) our Website will be secure, accessible continuously and without interruption. Further, we do not make any representations or warranties regarding the use, accuracy, reliability, and/or completeness of the information or other materials available on our Website.
7. We have not reviewed all the third party websites linked to or framing this Website and are not responsible for the content of such third party websites. By entering this Website, you acknowledge and agree that the County of Los Angeles and/or the Arts Ed Collective has not reviewed all the third party websites linked to or framing this Website and is not responsible for such third party websites. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you may have or might be requested to give to any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such third party websites. You follow any links to any other websites connected to our Website at your own risk.
8. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, “overloading”, “flooding”, ”spamming”, ”mail-bombing” or “crashing”; or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products and services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity being conducted on this Website. You agree further not to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Website other than the search engine and search agents available on this Website and other generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc).
9. We and/or the Arts Ed Collective do not accept any liability for any conduct, acts or omissions occurring at this Website. Under no circumstances will we and/or the Arts Ed Collective be liable to you for any direct, consequential, incidental or special damages, including any lost profits or loss of data, even if you claim to have notified us about such damages, or for any claims by any third parties.