The Los Angeles County Arts Commission (LACAC) seeks a full-time Arts Education Coordinator. Reporting to the Program Manager and working as a collaborative member of the arts education team, the Arts Education Coordinator provides logistic, communications and project support for the LA County Arts Education Collective.
The Los Angeles County Arts Education Collective, formerly Arts for All, is dedicated to making the arts core in public education. LACAC coordinates the regional effort and the Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE) provides curriculum and instructional services for educators Countywide.
- Coordinate production of 40 – 50 events and webinars annually to engage educators, arts organizations, teaching artists, funders, business leaders, elected officials and community advocates across LA County in the mission of the Arts Ed Collective
Areas of support include:
- Identifying and scheduling sites, presenters, catering and audio/visual needs
- Preparing digital and print materials for event promotion and implementation, including agendas, handouts and powerpoint presentations
- Handling all event correspondence, including inquiries, registrations, social media outreach and attendee follow-up
- Coordinating all day-of logistics, including set up, signage, parking, participant check in, documentation and tear down
- Processing vendor contracts/invoices and tracking event expenses/budgets
- Preparing post-event documentation including written summaries or short reports, as needed
- A minimum of two years’ experience coordinating and/or supporting event production is required. Prior experience in planning, designing and overseeing event production, particularly in an educational setting, is preferred, as is a familiarity with the arts education ecosystem in Los Angeles County
- Communications experience supporting public relations and marketing functions
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid time management and the ability to work independently
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Access, Emma Email Marketing, Eventbrite, Survey Monkey and PowerPoint
How To Apply
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (up to five pages each, in PDF format). Resumes should include a list of software proficiency and note the skill level attained for each application. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Arts Education Coordinator as the subject line. Please do not submit any application materials through the US mail or phone regarding the status of the submission. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met.
$3,700–$4,300 monthly contract, depending on experience.
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission fosters excellence, diversity, vitality, understanding and accessibility of the arts in Los Angeles County, encompassing 88 municipalities and nearly 140 unincorporated areas, and provides leadership in cultural services. The Arts Commission funds over 360 nonprofit arts organizations through a two-year $9 million grant program, coordinates the LA County Arts Education Collective, the regional initiative dedicated to ensuring all students receive quality arts education in the County’s 81 public school districts, funds the largest arts internship program in the country, and manages the County’s civic art policy.